PIVX Core Wallet 3.2.2 Release (05/08/2019)
Highlight changes are:
– Addresses unexpected network split
– New checkpoints to assist re-syncing.
Running 3.2.1 or lower?
Please upgrade straight to 3.2.2 asap or your wallet may not stay on the right chain.
So PLEASE UPGRADE ASAP to avoid any complications.
Please take the time to fully read the release notes: Github
Download the appropriate wallet binary for your OS from the Github or Website
For Self-compilers, please use “git checkout v3.2.2” to compile. (not master)
How to Update
- Gracefully exit/stop the current wallet from the wallet. (File – Exit or ./pivx-cli stop)
- Download and install the new wallet appropriate for your OS.
- Linux/Rpi: Overwrite the existing executable files with the newly downloaded wallet binaries.
- Windows: Install via the setup executable file and run through the setup wizard to install.
- Mac OSX: Download .dmg file, open .dmg then drag PIVX icon to the applications folder icon. (copy over /Applications/PIVX-Qt)
- Re-start the wallet. (Launch from your PIVX shortcut icon or ./pivxd for Linux)
- Once the wallet finishes syncing, follow this guide to ensure you are on the right network chain.
- Upgrade completed.
P.S. If you are a masternode user, you must upgrade both the controller wallet & masternode wallet, then restart the masternode.
- Will I lose my coins after the upgrade?
No, you will not lose your coins after the upgrade. In fact, we recommend everyone to upgrade to the latest wallet to benefit from increased security & stability that comes with it.
- I’m having issues with my wallet launching, not seeing my coins, having issues syncing etc
Please check the Knowledge-base Articles here: https://pivx.freshdesk.com/support/solutions
or ask for help on the support channels in PIVX Discord @ https://discord.pivx.org.
- Who can I ask if I don’t know how to upgrade still?
You can ask in support channels in PIVX Discord for real-time assistance.
If you aren’t yet a member there, you can join via https://discord.pivx.org
- My zPIV isn’t working / sending / staking after upgrading to 3.2.2.
Due to a recently discovered vulnerability, zPIV has been temporarily disabled in the network. The next wallet is expected to re-enable to ability to spend zPIV.
- What is Deterministic Seed (dzPIV) & how do I use it exactly to backup/restore my zPIV?
Please see this detailed Reddit post: How to use deterministic zerocoin generation
- I’m missing some zPIV that got minted and sent to the Accumulator. Where are they?
Firstly, make sure you aren’t using the same wallet in multiple places. If so, it could be the cause as zPIV is only visible from the wallet.dat that it minted from. Also, if you have tried swapping out your wallet.dat with previous backups in an attempt to recover your zPIV, make sure to NOT delete the latest wallet.dat as your most recent zPIV minting information does not exist in your older backups, So if you have restored to an older backup, please restore back the latest wallet.dat which was used to mint those zPIV. Then please follow this KB: https://pivx.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/30000025649
CREDITS Thanks to everyone who directly contributed to this release.