This is a new revision version release, including various bug fixes and performance improvements, as well as updated translations.
Please report bugs using the issue tracker at Github https://github.com/pivx-project/pivx/issues
PIVX Core v4.0.2 is NOT a mandatory update, and user can choose to stay with v4.0.0/v4.0.1 if they wish. However, v4.0.2 does contain minor bug fixes and performance improvements to address feedback from the v4.0.0/v4.0.1 versions.
How to Upgrade
If you are running an older version, shut it down. Wait until it has completely shut down (which might take a few minutes for older versions), then run the installer (on Windows) or just copy over /Applications/PIVX-Qt (on Mac) or pivxd/pivx-qt (on Linux).
PIVX Core is extensively tested on multiple operating systems using the Linux kernel, macOS 10.10+, and Windows 7 and later.
Microsoft ended support for Windows XP on April 8th, 2014, No attempt is made to prevent installing or running the software on Windows XP, you can still do so at your own risk but be aware that there are known instabilities and issues. Please do not report issues about Windows XP to the issue tracker.
Apple released it’s last Mountain Lion update on August 13, 2015, and officially ended support on December 14, 2015. PIVX Core software starting with v3.2.0 will no longer run on MacOS versions prior to Yosemite (10.10). Please do not report issues about MacOS versions prior to Yosemite to the issue tracker.
PIVX Core should also work on most other Unix-like systems but is not frequently tested on them.
Double counting of delegated values
Fixed a bug where the values/amounts for cold staking delegations was being double counted in the UI’s available/total balance calculation.
Incorrect sorting for transaction loading
Fixed a bug where The 20,000 limit for loading wallet transactions was incorrectly sorting these transactions, resulting in the first 20,000 transactions to be loaded instead of the most recent 20,000 transactions.
No information shown for spent cold stake delegations
Fixed a bug where the transaction record for spent cold stake delegations was showing as “No information”.
Add latest block height to top bar
The top bar’s sync status button now shows the latest block height (number) when hovering over the button.
Coin Control copy functions
The coin control screen now allows for copying the various values to the OS clipboard
v4.0.2 Change log
Detailed release notes follow. For convenience in locating the code changes and accompanying discussion, both the pull request and git merge commit are mentioned.
- #1273 d114eda990 [Core] Update checkpoints for first v7 block (Fuzzbawls)
- #1261 c02cc4acdd [Bug][GUI] Double counted delegated balance. (furszy)
- #1267 350184044d [Qt][Bug] Load the most recent instead of the first transactions (Fuzzbawls)
- #1263 1d0c1bb81c [GUI] P2CS transaction divided in two types for visual accuracy. (furszy)
- #1266 f659cbf1ef [GUI] Quick minor GUI startup useful changes. (furszy)
- #1269 0771075668 [GUI] CoinControlDialog, every copy to clipboard action implemented. (furszy)
- #1265 da7c50eca1 [GUI] Connect P2CSUnlockOwner and P2CSUnlockStaker records to the model (random-zebra)
- #1268 912cf67847 [GUI] Display latest block number in the top bar (random-zebra)
- #1279 c09cd0d40f [GUI] Transaction record cold staking fixes. (furszy)
- #1264 1a12735df5 [Wallet] Don’t add P2CS automatically to GetLockedCredit (random-zebra)
- #1272 d4a9475e40 [Trivial] Update copyright headers for 4.0.2 (Fuzzbawls)
- #1274 f5c3552c96 [RPC] Remove extra PoW rounds in ‘generate’ (random-zebra)
Thanks to everyone who directly contributed to this release:
As well as everyone that helped translating on Transifex, the QA team during Testing and the Node hosts supporting our Testnet.