As PIVX is heading towards a successful release of its new wallet v5.0 (which will provide users a brand new User Data Protection and Privacy feature set), we wanted to re-remind all PIVX users and holders of the following:
ALL zPIV (PIV that had previously been minted to zPIV under the prior privacy protocol) MUST BE CONVERTED BACK TO PIV PRIOR TO DECEMBER 1st!
ANY zPIV NOT CONVERTED BACK TO PIV PRIOR TO DECEMBER 1st, 2020 WILL NO LONGER BE VALID. THIS IS IRREVOCABLE, AND ANY AND ALL zPIV NOT CONVERTED WILL BE “GONE” - RESULTING IN AN EXPERIENCE OF “LOSS” OF zPIV/PIV.
This announcement comes after a LONG list of countless memos, blog posts, Tweets, announcements, and more reminding and encouraging every holder of zPIV to convert their zPIV back to PIV. For a long time the core developers included GUI elements in the core wallet to easily let anyone convert their zPIV back to PIV. Currently, a user will need to do this from the command line.
What is happening?
- zPIV Spend (both v1 & v2) capability will be deactivated on both mainnet & testnet.
- It means that if you don't spend zPIV before then, you will LOSE them forever.
When is this happening?
- 1st of December 2020 (Exact time TBA)
Does it affect me?
- If you never owned any PIVX before March 2019, or only have coins on exchanges or mobile, then NO.
- If you have a positive zPIV balance showing next to your PIV balance in your core desktop wallet, then YES!
I have zPIV balance showing, what do I do?
- You must spend the zPIV denominations back to your own PIVX address to convert them back to PIV.
- This can be done from the Privacy tab on the left of your PIVX desktop wallet. No Tx fees are incurred.
If you need any assistance with this, please visit our support (discord.pivx.org, #support).
Here are instructions on how to convert from zPIV to PIV (from the core wallet)
- Check to see if your balance is correct by running this command getzerocoinbalance
- If the balance is not correct please run each of these commands:
- resetmintzerocoin true
- Then check balance once again with: getzerocoinbalance
- If your balance is still incorrect then please run the following command, please note it can take some time to complete, wait for it to give a response of done.
- searchdzpiv 0 10000 2
- Once all of your balance is correct simply send your zPIV to any PIVX address you control with the following command:
- spendzerocoin <amount from above> yourAddress