Some highlight changes are:
- Addresses Qt wallet crash during zPIV recalculation
- Addresses macOS installer image mounting difficulty
- Performance improvements to syncing & staking
Haven’t upgraded to 3.2.0 yet? Please upgrade straight to 3.2.1 asap as 3.2.0 was a mandatory update!
Already upgraded to 3.2.0? Then 3.2.1 is not mandatory but is highly recommended due to additional fixes and performance enhancements. You do not need to restart the masternode coming from 3.2.0.
NOTE: If you do not upgrade to 3.2.x from 3.1.1 or below, your wallet will not stay on the right chain once we switch over to version 5 only chain. So PLEASE UPGRADE ASAP to avoid any issues.
Release Notes Please take the time to fully read the release notes: Github
How to Update
As always, it is recommended to backup the existing wallet.dat file to a safe location before upgrading if you haven’t done so already via File -> Backup wallet and saving it in a different directory with a new name. If you use CLI/Linux, you can backup using the command ./pivx-cli backupwallet. If your wallet is not running currently, you can back up the file “wallet.dat” from e.g. Start -> Run -> %APPDATA%\PIVX on Windows by making a copy elsewhere.
- Gracefully exit/stop the current wallet from the wallet. (File – Exit or ./pivx-cli stop)
- Download and install the new wallet appropriate for your OS. Linux/Rpi: Overwrite the existing executable files with the newly downloaded wallet binaries. Windows: Install via the setup executable file and run through the setup wizard to install. Mac OSX: Download .dmg file, open .dmg then drag PIVX icon to the applications folder icon. (copy over /Applications/PIVX-Qt)
- Re-start the wallet. (Launch from your PIVX shortcut icon or ./pivxd for linux)
- Once the wallet finishes syncing, follow this guide to ensure you are on the right network chain.
- Upgrade completed.
P.S. If you are a masternode user, you must upgrade both the controller wallet & masternode wallet, then restart the masternode.
Click to see anaswers
Will I lose my coins after the upgrade?
No, you will not lose your coins after the upgrade. In fact, we recommend everyone to upgrade to the latest wallet to benefit from increased security & stability that comes with it.
I'm having issues with my wallet launching, not seeing my coins, having issues syncing etc
Please check the Knowledge-base Articles here:
Who can I ask if I don't know how to upgrade still?
You can ask in support channels in PIVX Discord for real-time assistance.
If you aren’t yet a member there, you can join via https://discord.pivx.org
I'm missing some zPIV that got minted and sent to the Accumulator. Where are they?
Firstly, make sure you aren’t using the same wallet in multiple places. If so, it could be the cause as zPIV is only visible from the wallet.dat that it minted from. Also, if you have tried swapping out your wallet.dat with previous backups in an attempt to recover your zPIV, make sure to NOT delete the latest wallet.dat as your most recent zPIV minting information does not exist in your older backups, So if you have restored to an older backup, please restore back the latest wallet.dat which was used to mint those zPIV. Then please follow this KB: https://pivx.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/30000025649
My zPIV isn't working / sending / staking after upgrading to 3.2.1.
Once 95% of the blocks from the most recent 10800 blocks (approx. 7 days) are created from 3.2.x wallet with new version 5 blocks, this will allow the zPIV to be safely re-enabled in the network. You can check the status via getblockchaininfo from 3.2.0 walletâ€™s console.
What is Deterministic Seed (dzPIV) & how do I use it exactly to backup/restore my zPIV?
Please see this detailed post:
CREDITS Thanks to everyone who directly contributed to this release.